International Visiting Fellowship Program
The Renmin University of China Human Rights Center has the status as the National Base for Human Rights Education and Training. It offers two international visiting fellowships each year. Application deadlines come twice a year, on 15th May for the autumn semester and 15th December for the spring semester.
The Program is open for scholars and/or professionals affiliated with a human rights research project, including outstanding Ph.D. candidates. The duration of each particular visit is subject to discussion, typically between 3-4 months (holiday time: February and August excluded).
Applicants are expected to submit the following materials:
1. an updated CV, including a list of publications;
2. a brief application letter;
3. a research proposal (less than 2,000 words);
4. Syllabus of a course (or courses) he/she can teach. If in need, visiting fellows may be required to offer courses in English for master students in human rights direction up to 2 credits (36 course hours);
Obligations of the visiting fellows:
1. Visiting fellows should actively participate in academic activities hosted by the Center and Renmin Law School and give presentations if in need;
2. By the end of the fellowship, visiting fellows are required to submit an original article of approximately 10,000 words on their proposed research to Frontiers of Law in China edited by the Remin Law School or Human Rights that the Center jointly issued with the Chinese Society of Human Rights.
The program provides:
1. Access to a work space (subject to availability, the visiting fellow may have independent or shared office) and necessary facilities;
2. Access to the law library and other university libraries;
3. Exemption of any bench fee
It is also possible for the applicant to apply for financial assistance based on individual circumstances (if in need, please indicate it in the application letter), including:
1. Round trip economy class airfare
2. A monthly stipend for the research period
3. Rooms or apartments during the visit (or a housing allowance)
The application should be submitted before the deadline to: email@example.com; short-listed candidates may receive a telephone interview.